Sunday, 9 March 2014

3 Ways to Style the Classic Black Pinafore Dress

The pinafore dress is something that's really come into fashion these past few months, pretty much along with dungarees. Personally I think the pinafore dress is something for everyone, as it can be styled in so many different ways it can really be worn over and over again without looking like the exact same outfit.

Look 1: 


This is how you can dress a plain black pinafore dress to look classy, but still with colour and not the classic plain white blouse. I would probably wear this while on a lunch date during an afternoon out, I think this look is perfect for spring with the blouse especially fitting the season. As I wear a lot of black I chose a navy coat as although its similar in colour, it does give a lift to the outfit. I chose to bring out the colour in the blouse and necklace as they are the two items which bring focus to the outfit, I love this outfit because despite it being a 'spring look' the colours are the opposite from pastels which is what you would find in your ordinary spring outfit.

Pinafore: Topshop
Blouse: Zara
Necklace: Topshop
Shoes: ASOS

Look 2:



What I LOVE about this look is the pink leather jacket I've picked out; this is a classic pinafore dress look with the white collared blouse and ankle boots. As the colours of the outfit are plain black and white, I thought the jacket would be a perfect pop of colour to give the look a bit of a different edge. I would really like to purchase every item in this look, from the boots to the bag...I just think it's perfect aaah.

Pinafore: Topshop
Jacket: Zara
Boots: Kurt Geiger
Blouse: Boohoo.com

Look 3:

I chose to not contrast the crop top to the dress as I wanted a different bag to go with the look, something that wouldn't be your usually staple bag. I adore snakeskin at the moment, in fact I wore a snakeskin shirt to school the other day and I loved wearing it. Also I chose to go for knee high boots as this isn't something you see people wear often, however I have no idea why?! They're beautiful. I would probably wear this outfit just casually, maybe on a shopping trip or to the cinema/theatre - the look can be dressed up or down with jewellery or you could take away the belt for a less colourful look. 

Pinafore: Topshop
Crop Top: Topshop
Belt: Fendi
Boots: Kurt Geiger

Even though I've only chosen 3 different looks, there are hundreds of ways you could style the classic black pinafore dress. It honestly is one of those staple items that you can keep in your wardrobe forever and pull out whatever the occasion if you're stuck what to wear. I hope this helped any of you, or inspired you to buy a pinafore - they are definitely worth the money.

Have a good day, Katherine x 

**IMAGES NOT MINE**

Follower

Blogroll