Thursday, 20 March 2014

Haircare Wishlist


As some of you may know, etailPR are hosting a competition in which you can win a £300 Topshop voucher, a ghd Wonderland Deluxe Kit and a ghd Brush Set. To enter the competition you have to become a member of etailPR and then you'll receive emails finding our about commissions and competitions, which is just how I found out about this one. 
etailPR have partnered up with Hairtrade, and to enter the competition you just need to include one of their products in a 'wishlist' style blog post, and don't worry there is something there for every girl on their site so be sure to check it out even if you aren't entering yourself. I decided I would do a haircare wishlist as my hair is definitely in need of some TLC, and a few cute accessories...

1. VO5 Plump It Up Heat Defence Volume Whipped Mouse - Vo5 are one of my favourite hair treatment brands, particularly for the smell and the packaging. Although gender stereotypical, all the female products are in pink - although I love this, they look so pretty displayed in your bathroom. I also love how they all seem to have their own little families, for me I love the 'Plump It Up' products as my hair definitely needs some volume added to it..and I'm hoping this will do the trick.

2. VO5 Plump It Up Heat Defence Volumising Spritz -Again, from the VO5 brand this is another little beauty I'd like to try out, heat protect and volume in one?! I think I'll say yes to that one.

3. Matrix Vavoom Gold Heat Blow-In Control Protective Serum - I found this on Hairtrade while looking for a heat protector. I've never tried using a protective serum before but I've heard they're actually better than protective sprays, what do you think? Either way, I'm keen to find out if this works for me, and where better than to order it from Hairtrade?

4. Moroccanoil Treatment Oil - Now you're mad if you haven't heard of Moroccanoil! So many beauty bloggers and Youtube gurus swear by this brand, and being honest with you I've not yet seen a bad review. I've never tried this, and although I would just buy it it comes free if you subscribe to Vogue before the 7th April (£20 special offer)...aaah joys of Vogue.

5. Ecotools Quick Volume Styler Brush - One of my worst beauty habits is not investing enough into good quality makeup brushes, however I do own Ecotools brushes which I do love and find easy to work with. I'm in need of a new brush and this one looks perfect for me, and completely organic!

6. Tangle Teezer Salon Elite Midnight Black - I've wanted a Tangle Teezer for as long I've known about them, but from hearing mixed opinions from friends I've never been sure whether to take the risk. However I love this little one, it's such a gem and I'm sure I can get some good use out of it..after all like I said, my hair NEEDS volume.

7. Satin Charmeuse Scrunchie - White Red Stripe - As you may have seen, scrunchies have come back into fashion. It feels like yesterday when I was wearing them as a little girl matching them to my summer dresses in primary school. It sucks I didn't keep hold of them, however you just don't think how fashion is going to change. I love this one from American Apparel and it's onyl £4.50, they're usually known for their steep prices however ASOS are currently selling them for £6.00, so in my eyes this is a bargain.

8. Velvet Scrunchie - Burgundy - I'm loving velvet too at the moment, so I thought I'd like this one as well and it's such a gorgeous colour.

9. TRESemme Split Remedy Shampoo & Conditioner - My hair is so dead ended it actually needs shaving off, and although I've heard it's a myth this works, there's no harm in trying right? I have the hair mask for this, although I never use it; I'm not a fan of hair masks as I'm lazy and find them time consuming. Have you used their hairmask? If so let me know what you think.

10. ghd IV STYLER - I will curse anyone who says ghd's are overrated and not justifiable for their money. I'm not usually one to believe in expensive products working better than cheaper ones, although with hair straighteners, you do get what you pay for. After using my friends ghds the other day I realised just how good they are, and how much of a difference they make - everyone asked me if I had extensions in after using them, they just lengthen your hair so much! Mine broke a while ago and I've been using some plain cheap ones which really just don't do the job, so if you ask me I'd advise ghds over any brand every time. 

11. BaByliss 2287BU Pro Curl 210 Styling Hair Tongs - Last but not least, I need some new curling tongs after losing mine while doing Phantom. People slate BaByliss however I never tend to splash out on curling tongs as these little ones always seem to do the trick for me. Having straight hair everyday is doing my head in, and I hate to curl with straighteners as it just goes 'kinky' (not in a seductive way but you get what I mean).


So that was my haircare wishlist, have you tried any of these products? What's on your haircare wishlist for this Spring/Summer? 

xxxxx

**IMAGES NOT MINE**

Follower

Blogroll