Tuesday, 4 March 2014

MAC Studio Sculpt Mini Review


                                                                                    (photo not mine)

Hi all, thought I'd do a quick review on the foundation I've been using for the past month or so and I wont lie, I've had a very up and down relationship with it.

Product: MAC's Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

Shade: NW15

Coverage: The website states the foundation provides a 'medium buildable to high coverage', which respectably is true. Although for the builded coverage you do have to use about a teaspoon size of foundation (which in my opinion is a hell of a lot). I've only had this foundation for about a month and a half and it's nearly run out, I wont be re-purchasing as I just don't think it's justifiable. 

Consistency: I would say that this is the products biggest flaw, my skin type is dry/normal but when I apply my foundation my face has always been thoroughly moisturised so I would have thought the foundation would just apply to my skin how it is supposed to as I am neither oily or flaky. However, I find the colour tends to stick round the edges of my face i.e. my hairline, sides of my face near my ears and around my eyebrows..the patchy look is never good. The product doesn't spread evenly across my face no matter how I apply it, fingers or foundation brush. I find this disappointing as to get an even slightly even coverage I have to use way too much of the foundation.

Staying power: The foundation itself gives a good 6 hours of staying on, however it does need to be touched up and does require powder being worn over the top to stay evened out and not go patchy.

Overall Rating: 6/10 - I find the product easy to work with as MAC's Studio Fix Fluid is like a race to rub in as soon as its been applied to your face, therefore I do rate the foundation on that. However, it's lasting power, consistency and coverage all let me down for the reasons I've explained. I don't think I will be repurchasing this product as for £25.00 it's not at all worth it..especially when in my opinion Rimmel and L'Oreal bring out some of the best foundations on the market for half the price.


Have you tried MAC Studio Sculpt? What's your opinion on it, and does it work
for you? Much loves x

**IMAGES NOT MINE**

Follower

Blogroll