Thursday, 10 April 2014

10 Things For Summer | Summer Wishlist


    (Tumblr Image)

Summer is on its way with only a few months to go. Usually I'm not summer's biggest fan, I've always been more of a winter girl (perhaps as my birthday unluckily falls on Christmas day), however after all the upcoming AS exams and the stress revising for them I'm looking forward to a long break of hopefully doing nothing school related. Recently I've discovered Polyvore and which has made my blogging life a lot easier, I'd always wondered how people so easily created wishlists and style guides and now I know it's exciting to think of the many options of blog posts I can create using it. 

My Polyvore account - I'm new to it so hopefully you can add/follow me and help me out along the way. The first thing I decided to create on Polyvore was a summer wishlist, and although they're was so much to chose from I whittled it down to just ten as I can't really be affording much more than that!



1. TOPSHOP Lip Bullet Winegum - I'm a big fan of dark lips and always have been, I've always tended to go for red and brown shades over pinks and corals and I think it lies down to the fact I have dark hair. I've never really been a fan of the 'pink lip' as for me it's a bit to 'pretty' and don't find it suits me. Topshop makeup really are good products, and the packaging is sleek, cute and not at all tacky. I think £8 for a lipstick is good value for money considering they're half the price of MAC and do just as good a job (in my opinion anyway).

2. TOPSHOP Rib Stripe Bardot Top - The image shown isn't an exact match to this top as the one on Topshop's website is an off-the-shoulder t-shirt so apologies! This is only £12 and I've really been liking stripes recently, I think they're so casual but look great with a pair of high waisted jeans or skater skirt. Wearing statement necklaces also seems to compliment striped clothes which is added bonus if you're into your bold jewellery. 

3. NARS Sheerglow Foundation - I'm just coming out of my 'matte' foundation phase, and with summer coming up it's been claimed the dewy-shine look is back in for the holidays. NARS Sheerglow seems to be one of those cult products which circulates around Youtube and Blogger as a 'must-have' product. I'm willing to pay the steep price of £30.50 to try out whether this works for me as so many people rave about it, and my friends who own it always look beautiful wearing it. It's just a case of when I can afford to break into my purse to buy it!
4. RIVER ISLAND White Pacha Mesh Chain Trim Crop Top - I love this crop top, its just something different compared to your average jersey crop top, and of course no jewellery is needed due to the gold chains. I love the pop of colour with the orange it just makes the top a bit more original, I think this would cooperate well with a pair of high waisted shorts for summertime and just makes your outfit look that little bit more dressy.

5. H&M Floral Jumpsuit - Although confused as to why it's called a 'jumpsuit', as I though jumpsuits were long and playsuits were short, I love this floral piece. I've never been keen on floral as I've always stuck to dark colours and 'smartish' items as that's just my comfort zone. Floral prints are in this spring/summer and when I saw this for only £12.99 I couldn't not put it on my wishlist, such good value for money from a decent clothing shop.

6. SLEEK i-Divine Palette in SKU - Sleek have always been one of my favourite drugstore brands since they first came about. So many people rave about their i-Divine palettes and although owning many of their products I've never tried any of their eyeshadows. I'm eager to try this as eye makeup is a skill I'm really trying to progress in...or a pathetic excuse to just by more pretty palettes.

7. NEWLOOK BLACK Crochet Hem Kimono - I love kimono's, they're kind of a classier version of a cardigan yet have a really fashionable edge. I think the detail on the ends of the sleeves are gorgeous and just give the effortless look. 

8. PRETTYLITTLETHING Stevie Neon Orange Envelope Clutch Bag -  All the clutches I seem to own are black, silver and white and I don't have anything bright like this. I love the pop of colour, I think neon's can really brighten up a dull/dark outfit by themselves. The downside is it wouldn't go with much, however for £10 it's worth a buy.

9. TOMS Classic Crochet Espadrilles - TOMS shoes have always been cute and I've been needing a pair of summer flats for a while now. I think these would go with pretty much everything and seem good quality shoes although quite pricey!

10. SEVENTEEN Instant Glow Tan Cream Bronzer - Personally I have always preferred cream blushes and bronzers as they just suit my skintype to much better than powders. I've been wanting a cream bronzer for a while now as I love contouring but with powder I find it really difficult on dry skin. Hopefully this will do the trick, and it's only £4.99.


I hope you enjoyed my summer wishlist, what's on yours? Have you tried any of 
the featured makeup products? Leave your comments below.
xxxx 

Follower

Blogroll