Friday, 30 May 2014

Stila Girl Travel Palette | Wonderful in Waikiki


I am soooo late to try Stila out, but I have wanted to for ages. Their brand has always seemed amazing when I've been past their counter in Boots and the pigmentation has forever been raved about online. The Stila Girl Travel Palette collection 2 came out years ago I think in 2011, but I saw this on FeelUnique and what better way to try out six different products from their line all for £10.00. These palettes are still shown on their website here but they are sold out. 'Wonderful in Waikiki' was the only one available on FeelUnique and I couldn't resist the summer coral shade s especially when you get two blushes in their as well! The packaging is gorgeous, the palette was smaller than I expected but hence the name 'travel palette' its actually the perfect size. Also the palette itself is so thin and compact it is easy to fit into your storage..I wish I could own all of these and shelve the beautiful little collection. 'Living the life in Laguna' is the one other palette out this collection I really want to try, the colours are so insanely beautiful. 



Top, left to right: Wahine, Sarong
Bottom, left to right: Coconut, Surf

I won't lie, the blue shade is a little too bright for me, but I do like Stila's idea of just putting it on your waterline for a pop of colour. I knew I wouldn't really use the blue shadow but for £10.00 I didn't feel like I was wasting too much money, and who knows I may use it as bloggers have gone crazy for the bright colour look since Urban Decay released their 'Electric' palette. I love the name's Stila has given to the eyeshadows in this palette, they reflect summer, travel and the fact it is a beach holiday palette.


Of course I am impressed with the pigmentation of the eyeshadows, the Stila hype did not let me down. Wahine, Sarong and Coconut are all shimmer shades so are perfect for Summer and Surf is the only matte shade in the palette. I liked this though because generally speaking I do prefer shimmer eyeshadows to matte ones as I find them so much easier to blend and work with.

Top: North Shore
Bottom: Hanauma Bay

The two blushes which came in this sleek palette are to die for, they are gorgeous. Both are peach/coral colours however Hanauma Bay is slightly darker than North Shore which has more pink undertones. Both these blushes are shimmer again this is perfect for summer to give that bronzed and sun kissed look and these colours will suit any skin tone. 

Left to right: North Shore, Hanauma Bay

These blushes are so pigmented yet buildable, which is always important for cheek products as you don't want too much of a harsh look! These colours are so suited for summer and I'm not a huge blush wearer but these will look lovely with bronzer and I can't wait to try these out this summer.

If you can get your hands on one of these palettes then you definitely should take the chance, at only £10.00 I think its amazing value for money especially when Stila's permanent palettes retail at £25.00. 

PS Don't forget to enter my MAC lipstick giveaway here which is running until June 28th!

Did you ever try these palettes? Are you a fan of Stila?
xxxx


Follower

Blogroll