Tuesday, 10 June 2014

MAC Lipstick | Cosmo



If you follow me on Instagram you will know I purchased two new MAC lipsticks on the weekend, I'm too obsessed with them. Cosmo was one of the two which I picked up, I particularly chose this shade because its in my favourite MAC lipstick finish which is Amplified. The reason I love the Amplified finishes so much is because they are so creamy and moisturising yet at the same time are highly highly pigmented. What gets me confused is why there isn't a bright red colour in the permanent amplified lipstick collection, which is a shame because I reckon it would be so popular. But yes, back to Cosmo.. I wanted a new nude lipstick but I'm not a huge fan of the Matte finishes which most of MAC's nudes seem to be in, so I opted for Cosmo which is a slighter darker nude colour (which Kylie Jenner is sporting beautifully right now) with pink undertones. It is actually very similar to Faux which is a satin lipstick by MAC with more of a purple undertone and comparing the two together they do look very much a like, but this isn't too much of an issue as Faux is very well loved
my me and has nearly ran out.
The application of Amplified lipsticks by MAC is made so easy, again due the creaminess and the fact it doesn't tug or dry out your lips - this makes it a perfect lipstick for summer as in hot weather Matte finishes aren't the best treatment for the condition of your lips! 


As you can see from the photo above, one swatch is enough to show the true pigmentation of the colour which I love as a lipstick hoarder who is obsessed with collecting lipsticks.



Who said you need to buy one of MAC's Lip Pencils when you can find exact matches to the lipsticks in the drugstore? Before I purchased Cosmo I bought this lip pencil by Rimmel which is the Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lipliner Pencil in the shade '011 Spice'. This lip pencil is the perfect colour to match MAC's cosmo, despite having more deep brown undertones than the pinker ones in the lipstick, when applied to the lips its an exact match and just gives a fuller look to your lips, this works especially well for someone with as small lips as me.

I am loving this new combination for this summer, and the great thing about a nude lipstick is that it can complete any eye makeup look. MAC lipsticks retail at £15.00, and the Rimmel Lip Pencil was purchased for £2.99 from FeelUnique.com

What is your favourite lipstick and liner combo to wear this summer?
xxxx

Follower

Blogroll