Friday, 6 June 2014

Manuka Doctor Restoring Night Cream | Review



Manuka Doctor are well known due to the many beauty and skincare awards they have won over the past several years such as winning 'Beauty Insiders Choice' three years running - 2012, 2013 and 2014. Seeing their achievements plastered all over their website raised my expectations, and of course with their products being quite pricey I expected their skincare to really help hydrate and nourish my skin. I ordered the 'try me' kit from their website when they were doing a one day special offer of giving it away for free, okay so I did have to pay £3.50 for postage but I don't think that's bad considering this kit retails at £15.99 which is pretty steep for three tubes with only 7ml of product in each. The 'try me' kit came with three different products, the Restoring Night Cream, Rejuvenating Face Mask and the Age Defying Serum. I haven't had chance to try the other two out properly yet, but I have fully used up the night cream hence why I am blogging about it.


Manuka Honey itself is popular when it comes to treating your skin, its an ingredient used in many skincare products and you can also spread it all over your face as your own DIY face mask and it really is good for your skin. It is said that Manuka Honey makes your skin look younger, balances the pH in your skin and also boosts your energy (see more benefits here). 
So with the honey ingredients and a brand with so many awards, of course I was hoping to see a vast improvement to my skin, particularly as it hasn't been in its best form recently.

I don't know whether it was because my expectations were so high or whether this product just did not work for my skin, but I genuinely saw no difference in my skin. I think its really difficult to establish whether a product works for you from sample size, mainly because there is so little in the product it makes it hard to use over a long period of time to see if there is a noticeable difference in your skin. Because night creams are generally thicker than your average moisturiser, I had to use a lot more of it than I usually would just to apply one layer to my face meaning that it ran out a lot faster. I think I only got around 3-4 uses out of this little tube, but I can't complain...I did only pay £3.50. I definitely would not have paid £15.99 for this small try me kit, and I think that Superdrug's own night cream is actually better and more replenishing for my skin and that is a whole lot cheaper for way more product. 

My skin can be quite drying, and for me the thickness of this cream just didn't work for me. I find that lighter night creams do my skin a much better favour because it sinks into my skin better leaving it soft before I actually go to sleep rather than feeling tight and like I am wearing a face mask to bed. I wouldn't recommend buying the 'try me' kit at full price as you get so little for your money, but if you do see it on offer maybe try it to see if you get along with this night cream or whether you share the same problems as me. I would say this night cream would probably work better for oily/combination skin again just because of how thick it is, but sadly this product just didn't work for me.

Sorry for such a negative post, but I do think its important to share what I'm not loving as well as the things which I really like - I think honesty from a blogger is really important. 
The Manuka Doctor Restoring Night Cream can be purchased full size (50ml) online from their website or from Superdrug here, and Manuka Doctor Try Me Kit can be bought here.


What are your opinions on Manuka Doctor's products?
xxxx

PS Remember to enter my MAC lipstick giveaway HERE 

Follower

Blogroll