Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Kate Moss Rimmel Lipstick Shade 30 | Review


The Rimmel collection by Kate Moss has been circulating the beauty community for years now, but I've never bitten the bullet until recently. From watching Zoella's Vidcon vlogs, she was rocking the matte finish in the shade 107 which seems to be quite popular amongst blogging girls. I've heard really good things about these lipsticks, and while I've never been a fan of the formulation of Rimmel's lipsticks I thought I'd see if these were any different and whether they've upped their game since my younger makeup days. 

I decided to go for the shade 30, which is a gorgeous dark berry colour. I chose it as its still dark, so I do still feel like it defines my face, however its gorgeous for all year round including summer and its pink undertones make the shade seem somewhat less vampy. I wore this to the Blog Yorkshire event and got such lovely compliments from the girls there, which was pleasing as I wasn't 100% as to whether it went with my outfit or not.

As for the formulation, I much prefer it to Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipsticks which I find really slide around the lips and don't have much staying power at all. Despite Moss having her own matte collection as well, I'd definitely say that the finish of these lipsticks are semi-matte. They are more moisturising and easy to apply than matte lipsticks, but I wouldn't even go as far to say they are anything like the amplified finishes from MAC. Something I do love about this lipstick is that its not at all drying on the lips, yet its fully pigmented - it's evidently a statement lipstick. Not to end on a bad note however, I cannot stand the smell of the product. I'm not going to try and describe it as I am the worst when it comes to describing smells, but it just doesn't appeal to me at all - especially when your lips are right under your nose. I don't think I'll be wearing it everyday due to this but I reckon I can get over it if I specifically need the colour for an event!


What do you think of the Kate Moss range by Rimmel? Do you like the smell?
xxxx



Follower

Blogroll