Monday, 18 August 2014

A Positive Review On Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer...?!


I don't think I can say I've seen one positive review on Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer, this product has been out a while and in fact recently Maybelline brought out another primer from their Baby Skin range, their Baby Skin Instant Fatigue Blur Primer. I can't say I have tried enough primers out to discover whether or not they actually work and are worth the investment however this was given to me by a friend so I thought it was rude not to try it out. 

Like the majority of the beauty community, my friend gave this to me to try out because it broke her skin out. At first I was skeptical as everyone had ended up with some sort of skin problem after using the primer that I didn't really fancy the same thing happening to me. However with one of my 'good genetics' being my skin which isn't prone to breaking out and has never had acne or even more than two spots at once (touch wood), I gave it a try anyway..and surprise surprise (well an actual surprise) I've been wearing it every single day since. 

The consistency of the product itself is silicone based and not something that would sit comfortably on your skin if it was just worn alone or to be used as a moisturiser. Its a completely different feel to the Porefessional by Benefit but I actually prefer it as I find the Porefessional kind of dissolves into bits on your skin and almost feels patchy.



As for a primer, my makeup has been staying on that little bit longer. I wouldn't go as far to say that its a god send and has completely changed the longevity of my makeup but it still leaves an overall 'full' finish to my face and stops product from sliding around and going patchy. It claims to erase the pores on your face, however with primers and products which claim to pore erase I never really notice a difference and I think that's due to still having quite young skin and not having many open pores on my face.

What I absolutely love this product for is how it applies your base makeup, especially foundation. I have dry skin, and when it comes to full coverage foundations I always have to make sure I moisturise and exfoliate thoroughly straight before applying my base. I always struggled with MAC's Studio Fix Fluid as it completely dried out my skin, and I swore I would never go back and re-purchase it. However, since using the Maybelline Baby Skin Primer its been a perfect combination to use. The Studio Fix Fluid has been able to easily glide onto my skin, blend in perfectly with NO patchiness whatsoever and leave a flawless finish. Its completely changed how my face adapts to full/heavy coverage foundations and I will definitely be re-purchasing both the Baby Skin Primer and MAC's Studio Fix Fluid! 

I'm so happy with this product it really makes makeup application for my dry skin so much easier, I would definitely recommend trying this product out if you have dryer skin and are not prone to spot breakouts and acne because it has become a holy grail product for my makeup collection now!



Have you tried the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer? What are your thoughts? Do you have a primer which completely changes the finish and length of your makeup? ... Also, how cool is the gif image I used for this post?


   

Follower

Blogroll