Wednesday, 20 August 2014

MAC Lipstick Collection



A MAC lipstick collection is a post I've wanted to do for a while, but as I only have six I though it seemed a bit small compared to the fellow bloggers of the beauty community! But MAC lipsticks are my all time favourite lipsticks and although I don't have many I still wanted to share my small collection of my FAVOURITE lipsticks. There are many reasons why I love MAC lipsticks, first off the formula's are all amazing and super long lasting no matter what finish they're in, most lipsticks which aren't matte finishes from the drugstore never seem to last for me so finding a lipstick which is of a cremesheen/satin finish which stays on my lips for a good few hours solid is a huge bonus. Secondly, the packaging. I love the simplicity of the bullets and the contrast of the silver against the black..I definitely think these are classy looking lipsticks.


 FAUX (SATIN)

I believe Faux was the first MAC lipstick I bought which I purchased for my year 11 prom last summer. Its crazy to think how little I knew about makeup just over a year ago and now I'm writing a beauty blog all about it! Faux is a satin finish which I like because its so easy to apply and its just one of those 'throw on' lipsticks that is suitable for every makeup look. Its a nude lipstick with mauve/pink undertones. I like to use this lipstick with my Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Pencil in '011 Spice' as it creates a fuller look as my lips are quite tiny and who doesn't love the 'Kylie Jenner lip' at the moment?

COSMO (AMPLIFIED CREME)

Cosmo is a recent purchase of mine, which I featured in a post in June here. Comparing this with Faux they're pretty similar however this has browner and warmer undertones. I like this lipstick as its one you can wear all year round, completely season appropriate..although I don't tend to stick to makeup trends at all! Cosmo is an amplified creme finish which is one of my favourite finishes by MAC purely because of their strong pigmentation, although these finishes don't last as long compared to the matte/satin finishes.

VEGAS VOLT (AMPLIFIED CREME)

Vegas Volt is one of my favourite lipsticks that I own, its definitely the perfect summer coral shade. Again this is lipstick is an amplified creme finish and is highly pigmented, I'm a huge fan of bold and bright lipsticks as lipsticks for me are my statement out of my whole makeup look. This is one of those 'day-to-night' shades as its perfect for a night out with either a little black or white dress.

MAC RED (SATIN)

I feel like MAC Red is one of those shades which any MAC lover should own, primarily because the brand is in the name! I'd expect a lot of people to own this shade however most bloggers tend to write about the cult classics Ruby Woo, Russian Red and Lady Danger. I chose this when I wasn't a fan of MAC lipsticks and wanted a bright red by MAC but in a glossier finish. Its a satin finish, which is perfect because it lasts long and is easy to apply..this has been my lip colour for most events and evenings out for a good month or two now. The photo isn't showing its true colour at all but this classic red has blue and pink undertones, a bonus for making your teeth white, and is a slightly deeper shade than your average 'bright red'. 

VIVA GLAM 1 (MATTE)

Again another favourite of mine, Viva Glam 1. This is the only matte finish I own by MAC and the pigmentation and longevity are both incredible. This is a classic dark red shade which is perfect for autumn and winter, especially events such as Christmas parties and gatherings. I wish this wasn't limited edition because I don't have a huge amount left...anyone know any dupes for this shade?

MEDIA (SATIN)

Media is a lipstick I won from a blog giveaway a few months ago, although it looks completely daunting in the bullet you'll see from the swatch that its not as dark as it appears. I love this lipstick although I haven't got much wear out of it just because of how dark and out-going it is..still a gorgeous one for the collection however, and not one which many people own.


How many MAC lipsticks do you own? What are your favourites?


Follower

Blogroll