Monday, 25 August 2014

Makeup Revolution Intense Salvation Lip Lacquers | Review


Lip lacquers are a product I would never really reach for while makeup shopping, but Makeup Revolution were kind enough to send me two of their Intense Salvation Lip Lacquers to try out. I'm not much of a gloss girl, but you'll definitely never see me not wearing a lipstick. Its therefore intriguing to find a product which claims to fall in between.



The first shade they sent me was 'More Than I Could Give' which is a beige nude with pink undertones. I love the formula of these lip lacquers because they are not at all sticky, which is a big NO for me. I recently bought two of the MAC lip glasses, despite knowing they would be really uncomfortable on the lips and its safe to say I don't think I'll be buying any more. These are much more easier going on the lips and retail at a price of only £3.00 which is insane for their pigmentation. I've had no problems with the staying power of these products, they literally stay on my lips for hours before needing to touch up. The second shade I got was 'Gave You All My Love' which is a bright pink colour, there's no disputing how pink this shade is, its not on the fuchsia or purple side at all its just you're average bright pink. This isn't a colour I would ever wear on a day to day basis purely because I don't feel pinks suit me as much as dark reds and purples. I would recommend this shade for something like a festival or a themed party purely because of how vibrant it is, and also this shade is SO pigmented it will last for hours and hours.


You can see from the swatches above, the colour pay off is strong - even in the nude shade. It took several washes to get the bright pink swatch off my hand with soap and hot water, which just shows how long these lip lacquers stay on. 

Well what can I say? Makeup Revolution have done it again, I'm really impressed with this product and I'd love to try more shades especially ones I would get more wear out of.


Have you tried these? What are you favourite lip lacquer brands? 
xxxx
*

Follower

Blogroll