Monday, 4 August 2014

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation | Review


Finding the perfect foundation is an extremely rare thing, and if I'm honest I don't think it exists. The majority of us are so obsessed by the idea of a flawless face, that we believe there is a foundation out there which can compare to the photos and campaigns portrayed in the media..(hopefully in a few weeks/months/years I'll be able to disagree entirely with what I just said after finding a holy grail foundation, but for now I'm going to keep on searching). 

I used Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation back when it first came out a few years ago, and I always got on well with it - so for that reason I don't know why I stopped purchasing it. Rimmel are renown for good foundations, I've got on well with both the Match Perfection and the 25 Hour Lasting Finish which are both good products by the drugstore.

I'd definitely say that this is my summer go-to foundation, it contains SPF 15 which is fab because like most people I tend to completely forget about sun cream (oh how I am going to regret that in my later years). Rimmel also claim that this foundation will give an 'anti-fatigue effect and radiant glow', I'm not sure about the anti-fatigue effect but I do think that to see the benefits of looking more 'awake' you also have to take care of your skin in a regular skin routine as you can't just allow the foundation to do the work for you. As for the glowy/dewy look, this foundation definitely is further on that side than matte just simply because of its creaminess, lightweight feel and light coverage. With this product, you can't at all feel it on your face which again is perfect for summer as wearing a lot of face makeup in summer feels way too heavy and as if its clogging your skin - especially with the sun drying your skin out at the same time.

In my opinion, Rimmel's colour selections when it comes to their foundations and powders always do well. I'm pale but wouldn't want the shade 100 Ivory especially as in summer I'd like a bit more colour to my face, I opted for the shade 103 True Ivory as its just that slightly bit warmer and darker so it doesn't look orange against my skin but also gives my face the boost it needs for a summer makeup look.

You can purchase this foundation for different prices in different stores and online websites, however it does retail at £8.99 which is fine as with this product a little goes a long way and it will definitely see me through this summer.


Have you tried this foundation? What do you think?
xxxx

Follower

Blogroll