Friday, 29 August 2014

The Haircare Edit With Fragrance Direct


When it comes to my hair, taking care of it seems to get pushed aside and skincare, makeup and tanning all come before it. It seems silly but to be honest I've given up with my hair since I completely damaged it by dying it too much. Recently Fragrance Direct got in touch and asked if I wanted to work on a hair care edit with them, and of course I said yes! I spend ages browsing through Fragrance Direct quite regularly, purely because of their huge discounts on expensive and designer products! I've been using the products I chose for a good week now, and its time to share all my opinions on them...

TANGLE TEEZER AQUA SPLASH (RRP £12.98 FD £8.99) - I decided to chose the Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash after watching Gabby's (Velvetgh0st) Hair Routine a few weeks ago. I've always found my hair gets really knotty when I wash it, even if I do use a conditioner. Having a brush designed specifically for brushing wet hair has come in so handy because it makes it dry so much quicker, and straighter. I love how vibrant the florescent pink is against the white because it easily stands out in your bathroom, there's something really cute about this little brush. Tangle Teezers do claim to not take your hair out like your average hairbrush would, but I still find a few strands of hairs in the bristles after using them - but it is considerably less! I was slightly apprehensive about whether I'd like using a brush in my shower routine but it feels so relaxing and definitely leaves a lovely sheen to my damaged hair.

MATRIX DESIGN PULSE DRY SHAMPOO 153ML (RRP £10.95 FD £8.99) - I'd never heard of the brand Matrix before, but this was one of the brands Fragrance Direct were keen to promote. I really don't like washing my hair, I think its so much easier to style when your hair is around three days old because it just has so much more texture and volume to it. I've only ever tried the Batiste dry shampoos which everyone seems to rave about, and as I currently don't have any at the moment I thought it was a perfect opportunity to test out a new one. Aaaaah I'm in love! I haven't washed my hair for a good three days now and it still doesn't look greasy. I'm so pleased this product works for me because I'm so lazy when it comes to washing my hair, and then blow drying it after. This is the first dry shampoo I've used which doesn't turn my hair grey and have that kind of baby powder look left in the roots of my hair after, this makes application so much easier and almost effortless to do!

ID HAIR TITANIUM REPAIR CHARGER HEALING SHAMPOO 250ML (RRP £11.49 FD £6.99) - The strange design of this product drew me to it, its a very weird shaped packaging but its SO practical when it comes to standing it up in the shower against the wall, it makes so much more sense to have a square/flat shaped bottle compared to a round one because it doesn't fall about all over the place! My favourite thing about this product is its melon scent, it reminds me so much of the L'Oreal Kids 2-in-1 shampoo's that we all pretty much used to use in our younger years. This is a 'healing shampoo' so I can't comment my full opinions on this product as I've only been using it a week, but first impressions are good and expect a full review coming soon..

MACADAMIA NATURAL OIL MOISTURISING RINSE CONDITIONER 300ML (RRP £17.95 FD £11.50) - Getting a new shampoo always means getting a new conditioner, I've used Macadamia's products before and got on well with them so it was no surprise I liked this. The conditioner lives up to its claim of being moisturising and along with the Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash it works a treat.

TANGLE TEEZER ORIGINAL MANDARIN SWEETIE - Tangle Teezers have been in my eye for a really really really long time, but every time I go shopping it always falls to the bottom of my priority list and I generally chose another lipstick which I don't need. I'm so pleased with the colour I chose, I love orange and yellow they're two of my favourite colours and look so vibrant together. The Tangle Teezers have definitely lived up to their expectations along with every one else's raves about them.

Have you tried any of these products? Have you used any of these brands products before?
What do you think of the Tangle Teezer?
xxxx



Follower

Blogroll