Friday, 15 August 2014

The Perfect Autumn/Winter Ankle Boots | DUOBOOTS


Last week DuoBoots UK got in touch with me and asked if I wanted to chose a pair of boots or shoes from their online collection to see what I thought of them, and how could I say no?! I've never heard of DuoBoots before, so I had no expectations when I first browsed their website but overall I have to say I'm pretty impressed..

Me being typically me, I went for the Mandel Black Ladies Ankle Boots in black suede, and when I say being 'typically me' I'm referring to choosing EVERYTHING in black as per usual. Although, I do have reason for this. As my current black ankle boots have completely worn through and I was actually in need of a replacement pair, I saw this as my perfect opportunity to get a new pair. 

I've never actually owned a pair of real suede shoes, and I wanted to go for something a bit different as the majority of my boots and shoes are all leather finishes..and I've been wanting to borrow my mum's navy ankle boots for ages but she's very fussy about me using her footwear as unknown to myself I apparently have a 'funny walk'. Another reason I chose the Mandel Ankle Boots is down to their heel height, its only a tiny heel of 3.5cm, which is perfect for the colder months because they're so much easier and comfier to walk in (and probably safer) than high heeled boots which as a 5'4 girl I own a lot of..

The Mandel Ankle boots come in four different colour options, Black, Navy, Cheetah Print and Tan and the detailing of the zip falls on the inside of the boots which I think is cute. I though navy wouldn't go with a lot personally for me as I wear a lot of black, and then I did struggle between the tan and the black ones but if you're a frequent reader of my blog you'll know that black is ALWAYS the new black for me.



DuoBoots are keen on promoting that each of their shoe styles comes in three different fittings - narrow, standard and wide. I think this is such a good idea because feet come in all shapes and sizes and sometimes squeezing into boots can prove difficult if they're too tight! Mine were sent to me in standard size, and in  UK 6, which fit perfectly for me and I couldn't be happier, these will definitely be my go to boots in the next few months. 

I am definitely going to be doing a back to school style post featuring these boots, they're definitely school appropriate. Because of their short heel, you can wear them casually with skater dresses and playsuits but they also make a casual jean and tee outfit that little bit more 'dressed up'. Another thing which I love is that they're lined on the inside with leather which is cushioned (this makes them more long-wearing), making them so comfy and also probably keeps them that little bit more cleanly as well! The sole of the shoe is also really sturdy, you can tell these are a pair of 'sensible shoes'. The sole looks like it has almost been roughened so they are harder to wear through and to make sure that you definitely wont be slipping in them.

I'm really impressed with DuoBoots, despite not knowing or hearing of them before I do think it is a brand worth mentioning. They're blogger friendly and the delivery was really fast also, it sucks when things take ages to deliver! These were sent out to me last Friday and arrived on Monday and I've been wearing them all week. The boots retail at £110, which is a little bit on the pricey side if you're on a budget or a student, however I reckon these will last me a long time due to the quality of the material used the make them. Also did I mention that on full price items you get free delivery and returns?!

Have you ever tried the brand DuoBoots? - If so, what are your thoughts? What are your favourite pair of classic 'go-to' boots for this autumn?

*

Follower

Blogroll