Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation Review | Finally !!


Firstly, an apology on my behalf for the lack of content and social media presence at the moment! I know my posts aren't going up on their scheduled dates, but content on the wrong days is better than none at all right? I don't think I anticipated just how hard it would be and how busy I would be going back to school, turns out I just haven't had enough time on my hands to blog! Enough of that though, you all must know just how LONG this beauty has been on my wishlists for, and courtesy of Fresh Fragrance Cosmetics I was given the opportunity to try it out! I've browsed through Fresh's website numerous times before, simply because I am astounded by their FREE worldwide delivery (including tax duties!)...and of course they stock Makeup Forever HD Cosmetics which is perfect if you don't want to pay the Sephora delivery fees. I'm so pleased I opted for the NARS Sheer Glow and here's why..

I chose the shade 'Ceylan' which is 'Light 6', which is a yellow based shade described as perfect for Asian skin tones. Personally being a fair person myself naturally, I think this is definitely on the lighter side of the Asian skin tone and it definitely works fine for me (NW15 in MAC). As I've never used NARS foundations before, chosing my shade was a difficult one and after doing some research on the 'foundation matrix' online I picked Ceylan and hoped for the best.

I'm genuinely so impressed with the NARS Sheer Glow, I had such high expectations because of what everyone says about it and how good it is. But, I also thought how can foundations differ? Surely they all just do the same thing for me and nothing ever miraculous is going to happen? But honestly this is perfection in a bottle.

The finish isn't exactly glowy, in fact I would just say it gives a nice radiance/sheen to the skin and isn't overly mattifying. I've tried this with and without a primer, and each way it works well for me and stays on for a good amount of time without creasing or going patchy. 

The only thing which is slightly annoying about the foundation is how dirty the matte packaging gets, and also the fact there's no pump with the foundation (this doesn't really matter though when the product is so good!) 

A huge thank you to Fresh Fragrance Cosmetics for letting me try this product, I am so pleased that I finally have my hands on it and it genuinely has not let me down!


Does the NARS Sheer Glow work for you?
xxxx


*

Follower

Blogroll