Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Beauty 101 | Top 5 Foundations (Drugstore & High-end)

Top 5 foundations


                                        
Hi everyone, this is my first time blogging from my new Macbook Pro (which I am trying to get the hang of!). I recently hit 2000 followers which is absolutely amazing!! I have missed frequently blogging so much, but I just don't seem to be getting any better, which sucks because it means I can't take high quality photos and really put the best into my blog. Today I am talking about my favourite foundations, I recently did a post on skin types and which foundations suit them best which you can read here, and I wanted to follow it up with a post on my holy grail foundations...

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

This has to be one of the best high end foundations I have tried, and it was only actually last year that I did (you can read my review here). I'm not one to give into 'the hype' which is exactly why I didn't try it, having such high expectations for a product can only go two ways. The foundation retails at £30.50 for 30ml, which makes it a very luxury product for myself - but it is completely worth it. Being such a lethargic person, it really brightens up my dull skin because it is very yellow toned. Your skin is instantly luminous when you wear this foundation, I swear by it - and it also looks great in photos. If you want to go for a high end foundation and are unsure which one to go for, this is the one if you want a flawless, dewy and high coverage base. 

L'oreal True Match Foundation

I would definitely consider this a dupe for the NARS Sheer Glow, but at a drugstore price. L'oreal always make amazing foundations and they are one of my favourite drugstore brands because all their products look so classy and high-end. With this product, a little goes a long way and it is highly moisturising. Also, L'oreal have really good colour matches and because most of them are yellow toned, they are perfect for my skin tone. 

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation

I find that MAC foundations are often hit and miss, most are really cakey and smell like they are full of chemicals (which they probably are). Out of the foundations by MAC I've tried, the Studio Sculpt has to be my favourite. It is really moisturising and easy to blend into the skin, especially when using a primer. It gives a flawless face and a high coverage, but it doesn't leave a matte finish - something I have never really opted for. I am in the shade NW15/20 which suits my pale yellow toned complex perfectly (although I do false tan which makes it too pale - annoying when spending a lot on a foundation). 

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation

I've tried many of Rimmel's foundations and most of which I love, but this has to be a favourite by the brand. It is fairly light and does not feel at all thick when applied to the skin but it still gives a nice coverage. I would recommend this to anyone who needs an everyday foundation for school just to brighten up your skin and leave a nice dewy finish. Rimmel often have 3 for 2 deals so definitely go and check out their counter in Boots or Superdrug.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

This is the foundation I use on a daily basis, it is really moisturising and easy to blend in (I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for this). It also contains SPF which makes it a great holiday foundation - I first discovered it when I went on a skiing holiday a few years ago. Rimmel also make a 'Wake Me Up' concealer which is perfect for brightening up the under eyes - both products are really well priced and can be bought in Boots or Superdrug. 


So there we have it, my favourite foundations! Which are your favourite drugstore and high end foundations? Any I should try out?

Katherine x

Follower

Blogroll