Wednesday, 18 February 2015

What I Wore for Valentines Day | Trouser Statement


Hi everyone! Today I'm showing you what I wore on Valentines day (last Saturday), I love anything that gives me the excuse to dress up and Valentines day seemed like the perfect opportunity. I wouldn't usually wear anything floral, its never been a trend I've liked - ever. But, when I saw these on Misguided for only £10, I couldn't resist. The colour seemed perfectly fitted to the occasion, and I knew they would flatter my petite figure - especially as they're high waisted. 

I usually wear quite basic items, high necked tops and jersey skirts in plain colours - black, khaki, nude, beige etc. I'm loving Kim K's style right now which I have probably written about a number of times so it won't come as any surprise to you, and its no secret that I have been emulating many of her outfits. 

Still wearing a black high neck crop top, which you can get find pretty much anywhere online (I bought mine for just £4.00 here from OMG Fashion), I didn't want to wear anything else which 'stood out' as I wanted the trousers to be the statement piece in my outfit. I teamed the outfit with an beige leather-look jacket (old season season from new look) and chose chunky cut-out boots in black which I bought on eBay. 



Although, these heels were an alternative option they weren't the most sensible choice of shoes to wear walking around York (especially as I'm not a great stiletto walker!). I think my choice of comfort before fashion worked well in my favour, but these would have been equally beautiful with the trousers (New Look - old season, alternative here)

Ps - I'm wearing my incredible 20-22 inch HK Full Head Hair Extensions in 'Tanned Blonde Medium Blonde' which were gifted to me by Dirty Looks. I'm absolutely obsessed with them! What do you think? (My Dirty Looks review can be read here). 


Katherine x



Follower

Blogroll