Wednesday, 1 April 2015

My Beauty Habits | Beauty Questions Tag!


Hi everyone! It seems like I haven't written a post in forever, even if it has only been just over a week...revision is killing me, literally. I have so much to do and my exams start in 40 days, so it looks like I won't be blogging as much as usual anymore (it sucks, but bring on summer!). I thought I would actually do a  tag post today and answer beauty questions all about beauty, a topic I completely love and it only makes sense since beauty is a huge part of my blog. I don't usually do tag posts because I find it difficult to get to know someone through a written blog rather than a Youtube video, but I like to think of this as a little interview - and hopefully you can find out all of my beauty habits (good and bad)...


Skincare

-How many times do you wash your face daily? I wash my face once in the morning, and once in the evening to take my makeup off, which I think is enough unless I need to re do my makeup at different parts of the day - for example, if I was going out in the evening or something.

-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo) My skin type is dry, unfortunately. I have suffered with eczema all my life, not extreme but I've had to use prescription creams etc etc! It just makes tanning and finding the right products quite difficult, but it seems to be improving - it used to be a lot worse!


-What is your current facial wash? I'm currently using a basic one from Clean and Clear, I think its just called the 'Body Exfoliating Wash' or something like that. Its just a basic exfoliator which you can use on both your face and your body. 


-Do you exfoliate? Yes! I have to, especially with dry skin it's really important. I exfoliate my whole body before tanning (around every 3 days) and my face pretty much every day. 


-What brand do you use? I use the same product I use to wash my face, so Clean and Clear.


-What moisturizer do you use? I really love the E45 High Intense for very dry skin, Its really good at sinking into to your skin and moisturising every part of your body. It works well on both my face and body. I also like all the ones by Simple Skincare purely because they aren't perfumed and are allow a perfect base for foundation.


-Do you have freckles? Yes! They come out a lot more in summer, I love freckles but it means I don't tan - I'd take a tan any day over them! 


-Do you use eye cream? Not necessarily, sometimes when I am plucking my eyebrows. I use one by ESPA which I got at a blogging event last July.


-Do you or did you have acne prone skin? Nope, never which is really lucky! I've never suffered with spots or anything like that, just the dry skin.


-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ? Erm, I take it this is a brand? I'm not really sure what this question implies, but probably not if I haven't heard of it!


Makeup

-What foundation do you use?  This question never has just one answer, I like many foundations! I've written a whole guide to choosing the perfect foundation which you can read here. At the moment, I'm using a mix between Rimmel 25hr Last Finish foundation, and Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation. They're both from the drugstore and are reasonably priced and good quality for everyday wear. 

-How about concealer? I haven't invested as much in concealers as I should have, I like the Natural Collection Cover up Cream and also the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer - again these are both from the drugstore. 


-Do you know your undertone color? I would definitely say I have yellow undertones in my face, I have also used foundations and powders will yellow undertones, and never pink and have gotten on well with those so far. 


-What do you think of fake eyelashes? I LOVE false eyelashes, I think they complete a makeup look perfectly, I could never go to an event without wearing them.


-Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months? Yes I knew that! Although I have so many and I find they all run out really quickly, so I think I'm pretty up to date with my mascaras.


-What brand of mascara do you use? I have a mixture, I love MAC, L'Oreal and Max Factor.

-Sephora or MAC? I would have to say MAC, I've tried a few things from Sephora and they haven't really been fabulous, so I would have to say MAC as I am much more familiar. 


-Do you have a MAC Pro-card? No...I wish!!!


-What makeup tools do you use in make up application? I use all the brushes you would normally use, and then tweezers if I need to apply false eyelashes.


-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes? I love the primer by Maybelline for my base, the baby skin! For eyes, I love the Primer Potion by Urban Decay.


-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)? It's hard to say, I love the Matte brown shades in Urban Decay's Naked 1 palette. 


-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? Pencil! I only use liquid if i'm going out somewhere special, and that's because I'm really bad at it. 

-What is your favorite lipstick? Cosmo by MAC, its nearly run out! I adore it. 

-Do you like drugstore makeup? Yes, I love it its just as good as high end makeup in my opinion!

 
-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets) Yes, there's one in the Designer Outlet near me so I go there just to have a look and see if I can pick up any products from old MAC collections. 

-Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones? I much prefer neutral shades, but I do love a red lip!


-Which celebrity always has great make up? Kim Kardashian, I don't think that answer needs justifying.


-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use? Probably my Anastasia BH Brow Wiz, unfortunately I wasn't blessed with natural eyebrows.

-What do you think of Makeup?
 I think makeup is great for giving extra confidence and to act as a creative outlet to enhance your features. I don't think its a necessity though, I like to wear a bit every day I'm going somewhere but if I'm not doing anything I won't wear it!

Hopefully you got to know a little bit more about my beauty habits! What is your best and worst beauty habit?

Katherine x

Follower

Blogroll