Sunday, 3 January 2016

Boots Haul! | New Drugstore Makeup


Hi guys! As you know it was recently my 19th birthday, so I thought it was only appropriate to ask for a few more makeup products for my birthday...yeah, not that I need any. I wanted to try out more drugstore products as they really upped their game in 2015. I've seen so many more videos on Youtube this year featuring products from the drugstore and I really wanted to give some a go which I'd never tried before (and of course the points gained on my Boots loyalty card were very welcomed!). 

I decided not to ask for any high end makeup this year, just because I already have quite a lot and I just didn't feel the need to spend £30+ on a product which I could actually find a dupe for in Boots or Superdrug! I may be wrong, but there's no harm in trying and if I end up loving these products its an added bonus that they are around half the price...



Of course I needed a few new pairs of eyelashes as I never actually know where they go, so I picked out the Eylure 'Volume No. 107' lashes. I love Eylure lashes because they're already shaped to your eyes so the application is simple. I also picked out so Ardell 'Demi-Wispies', but I've already used them and didn't save the packaging! The 'Demi-Wispies' are actually my favourite lashes because they suit my eyes so much better than any other style, but I guess you can never have too many pairs. 



I also wanted a few new liquid eyeliners just to try out and see which style's I find easiest to use, I've been messing around with liquid eyeliner much more recently (I never used to wear it). I went for the Soap and Glory Carbon Black Extreme Eyeliner Pen which I've heard so many good things about. I can see why, its so easy to use as its a pen, and  the pigmentation is SO good. I'm so pleased the pen is actually pigmented as I tried an eyeliner pen by NYC, which I bought in America, but it was more of a dull grey then black. I picked up the L'oreal Paris Superliner Eye Liner Gelmatic (which is actually a gel pencil and not a liquid liner), the Revlon Colourstay Skinny Liquid Liner, and the MUA Wet Look Eyeliner (which I actually got from Superdrug). 


As you probably know, I have been using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz for over a year now. I've dabbled in and out of other brow pencils such as the Elizabeth Arden one (which I can't remember the name of but is basically a dupe for the ABH Brow Wiz). As the Soap and Glory 2-in-1 Brow Filling Pencil & Brush is only £8.00, I really wanted to try it out and see how it compares as it would save me a lot of money every time I run out! So far so good, I really like it and its actually a lot more natural than the ABH so I'm going to see how I get on. 



I've grouped all the L'Oreal products which I picked up together! I thought I best stock up on my favourite EVER foundation, the L'Oreal Infallable 24HR Foundation - you can read my review here. I also wanted to try the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer as so many people rave about it as a drugstore highlighter and I have to agree. Again, I needed to stock up on mascaras (student life and everything) so I decided to try two from the 'Volume Million' range by L'Oreal - the Volume Million Lashes Excess mascara and the Volume Million Lashes Feline mascara. So far I haven't been too impressed with the mascaras as they're quite 'wet', but I'm hoping that this is just because their new products and they just haven't been properly 'broken into' yet. 



I was sooo excited when I heard NYX was coming to Boots so I wanted to try something from their new products. I chose the Wonder Stick (I think I got it in the shade 'Light'), which is a highlight and contour product - I actually only really got it for the contour shade. I think the product is SO good, the contour shade is actually brown rather than orange and thats such a difficult thing to find in the drugstore! I've used it everyday since getting it, along with the Collection Contour Kit Highlight & Sculpt, which I also think is a really good drugstore contouring product. Along with the whole 'highlight and contouring' theme, I chose the Instant Anti-Age Eraser Eye by Maybelline. This product has been around for years and I've always wanted to try it so I'm so pleased to now own it. I also purchased the Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer in the shade 'Light'. I haven't tried this yet but I'm planning to review it as soon as I do.


Finally, I picked up the new foundation by Collection - the Illuminating Touch Foundation in 'Cool Beige'. I've never rated cheap foundations and I haven't yet tried this so I can't comment on its quality, I just got this as a little extra and I'll probably end up using this if I ever do stage makeup on anyone or something along those lines! I do want to do a review on it though as its a new product in the drugstore, and you never know my pre-conceptions and stereotypes could be wrong and it could be a really good product!

What is your favourite product from the drugstore at the moment? Do you rate them as much as I do?
All my social media links can be found in the sidebar! - Katherine x

Follower

Blogroll