Tuesday, 7 June 2016

The Best Translucent Powder EVER | Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder & Fluid Corrective Foundation 16HR


Hello! I wanted to share my current all time favourite powder at the moment with you, because for the first time in a long time I've stuck with a powder based product which actually works for me! As you know, I'm not really into powers - I hate any base that looks even relatively matte. Its a struggle to get the balance between having a 'dewy' finish and keeping your makeup on all day/night but I've been using the Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder for just over a month now and its made a huge difference.



I was kindly gifted both the Setting Powder and Fluid Corrective Foundation last month by the team at Vichy Dermablend, and while usually I get a review up straight away I really wanted to trial the products properly because I gave my opinions! I've actually only been using the powder, while my mum has been wearing the foundation as its too light for me - but don't worry she's made a few comments that I'll be sharing a little further on in the post.

Translucent powders are my preferred type of setting powders, I hate adding another thick layer of colour on my face after applying my foundation - especially as I use the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm as a primer before (which by the way, is not a hype at all and is the BEST primer I have ever used). However, I usually struggle with translucent powders purely because they completely matte my face down. I don't mind as much for work, because when I'm there for 8+ hours I don't really care about whether or not my face is highlighted, just that my makeup stays on. The product description for the Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder actually says that it provides 'a matt and natural looking finish' (erm have I been spelling 'matte' wrong this whole time?!), but I actually disagree. I would definitely say its natural, which is why I like it so much but I actually think it keeps my makeup in place without taking away the dewiness from my under-eye highlight - if anything it has a lovely reflect about it which is picked up by both natural lighting and camera flash. 

I love that the product is especially suited with sensitive skin (paraben free, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic) , as that's something I suffer with - its great to see brands really catering for those with sensitive skin at the moment rather than just throwing any old ingredients into their products and not thinking about the impact it will have on the skin.

I'm definitely going to purchase this product when I run out because I am in love - it also doubles up as a dry shampoo if ever you're in need. The product retails at £17.00, settling somewhere in the middle between drugstore and high end products, and is currently on offer for £11.33 on Feel Unique



I've only ever swatched this foundation, but my mum has been using it loads and absolutely loves it. Its a shame its the wrong colour for me, because I would like to try it - however my mum reckons its a matte finish and I'm not sure how that would sit on my skin. From the questions I've asked my mum she's told me that the application is very smooth and the coverage is excellent - and the best part is that you only need a tiny tiny amount and it goes such a long way. 

This product retails at £18.00 but can be purchased for just £12.00 at the moment over on Feel Unique. I've seen a few reviews on the foundation by other bloggers and they're all loving the product, so I would like to try it in my shade and see if it works for me too. You can also read more about the foundation formats here.


I would love to know your thoughts on these products if you have also tried them - what's your favourite type of coverage when it comes to your base?

x





Follower

Blogroll