Monday, 23 January 2017

2017 | Turning Pain into Power

Taking what seems like the longest break from blogging has made me re-evaluate so much, and at some part I did fall out of love with blogging. I've debated writing an honest post for months now - but come to the point that I need to make positivity out of the things that are hardest in life. 

I've never been into new years resolutions, but turning 20 has made me realise you can't stay stuck in the same thoughts forever (as hard and horrible as it can be). Its completely ok to not be ok - wise words of Jessie J - but, there comes a point when you have to at least try and move on from hurtful memories. 

I wouldn't be able to summarise all the ways that I do this, but somehow I manage it. No one is perfect, everyone has down days but these are ways in which I'm able to put things into a little bit of perspective.

Surround yourself by the people who make you happiest, I've learnt who my true friends are and I will always make sure to keep them close. True friends probably go through everything with you, and every emotion you're feeling and it can be so easy to forget this when you're going through a horrible time. I'm lucky to live with my family part-time and my best friends part-time; making plans and celebrating the most important times in life with them is probably one of the best ways to let go of worse thoughts. My friends have taught me that laughter is something you can't have with everyone, I'm incredibly lucky and sometimes you have to remember what you have instead of what you don't have.

Grieving bad memories is ok, blocking thoughts out can be one of the unhealthiest ways to go about moving on from hard situations in life. I've learnt this the hard way, because eventually it follows you and eats you up. Its ok to cry - as long as you have an excellent Spotify playlist to listen to. Unfortunately not evaluating a situation will only make it last longer, and sometimes the truth hurts too much to not have to think about something.

Things I'm guilty of? I haven't been to the gym in nearly a year, to be completely honest I've done the bare minimal exercise and my diet isn't great either. Changing both these things would honestly really help, but I'm still working on that one. Secondly, education, its hard to find the motivation sometimes but if I can speak for anyone, university can actually be there and can be easily taken for granted.

Social media cleanse: this is probably one of the best things I've done recently. It only lasted a day, but taking myself of social media for just over 24 hours was the best thing I've done in a long time. I had the best day with my friends, even if it was hard it was therapeutic and it needs to be done more. 

I've realised its important to do what you chose in life, not what people expect you to. The experience of a bad memory is only something that can improve myself as a person on the other side. Apologies for the sadness on the first post in forever, but bottling everything up for so long can only do so much, I had to write this post to be able to start blogging again - or something wouldn't of felt quite right.. but moving on, happy new year and I can't wait to post and start a fresh and do what I love. 

x




Follower

Blogroll