Sunday, 26 February 2017

A Morning with House of Fraser and Charlotte Tilbury


Last Wednesday I was invited to spend the morning with House of Fraser in Meadowhall for a 'Tilbury Transformation' with one of Charlotte Tilbury's lead makeup artists. It was such a lovely morning and an amazing opportunity to be able to have my makeup done by Kelly Mitchell who's been in the makeup artistry industry for years with a lot of experience. After never using any Charlotte Tilbury products before, I've found a new love - although I don't think my bank balance will be best pleased. 

I was greeted with a glass of champagne on arrival by the lovely counter staff at Charlotte Tilbury and Sophie from the House of Fraser team, I also met YouTuber Poppy Rawson who is one of their senior artists - she gave a confidence boost about blogging and making video content! 


I then had a look at the 10 different makeup looks, which were incredible because they're all the same model but look completely different?! I struggled to chose between Golden Goddess and Dolce Vita, but in the end I chose Dolce Vita because I thought it was a little bit different for me and I tend to always stick to the same makeup look. I haven't switched up my makeup in a really really long time so this was the perfect chance to revitalise my makeup. 

It was so relaxing to have my makeup done - especially sipping away at champagne. I was already wearing makeup so Kelly removed it using Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Cream which cleansed and moisturised my face leaving me with fresh baby skin ready for application. My face is the most clear area of my skin on my body, which is strange to say I suffer with really dry skin! This product definitely gave my face a little more radiance though, and really brightened up those bags underneath my eyes (I do not get a lot of sleep at uni). 

My skin was then prepped with Wonder Glow, which really illuminated my skin and gave me a lovely smooth dewy finish. If you know me then you'll know that I like a dewy finish over anything matte. 

For my base, Kelly applied the Light Wonder Foundation in the shade 2 Fair, using the Foundation Brush. I've been looking for a new foundation for a while, particularly one I can use for an everyday basis and this product impressed me so much. It was not at all heavy, which is something I am wanting to change about my base makeup at the moment and the undertones of the shade left me with a fair beige coverage as oppose to looking orange - which is a struggle right now with having such light blonde hair. 


What I love about Charlotte Tilbury is that is is so simple, any look you chose you can easily shop the look online here. You can either purchase all the products together, or chose your favourite and easily recreate the look by watching the tutorial with the woman behind the brand herself. You can see how rest of makeup look is created here 

I love the lipstick used in this look, I wore the shade Hot Lips Penelope Pink. This product is the perfect consistency because its creamy and really pigmented. I would definitely recommend this product - which you can buy here. 



Here is the final look:


I was lucky enough to receive a goodie bag of Charlotte Tilbury skincare, which includes the Magic Night Cream, Magic Eye Rescue, and the Goddess Skin Clay Mask. I also received Charlotte Tilbury's Scent of a Dream perfume which is absolutely gorgeous. 

I'm going to be posting a few reviews on my new Charlotte Tilbury products so look out for those, I'm sure I'll be impressed as I've already worn the Magic Night Cream twice and I love it! You can buy all of Charlotte Tilbury's products here, as well as follow and recreate all of her makeup looks. 

I honestly had such a lovely morning and would like to say a big thank you to Sophie from the team at House of Fraser Meadowhall, and all the staff at the Charlotte Tilbury counter and the leading makeup artists from Charlotte Tilbury - particularly Kelly Mitchell who created the Dolce Vita look on me! You can follow Kelly on Instagram @lifeofkellydawn and see all her amazing work on there.

What is your favourite makeup look by Charlotte Tilbury? Which will you be chosing for your Tilbury Transformation? 

x

Follower

Blogroll