Friday, 2 June 2017

Life Update - Healthier and Happier

Instagram @katherinerosie_

As usual, it's been a while - it really has. So much has changed in my life and I've been so busy that again my blog has taken a back seat. I've found it really hard to have the motivation to blog when if I'm truly honest my interests are completely different to what they were when I first started my blog. My blog was originally beauty focused, which is still something I enjoy - just in a different way. Recently I've made big changes to my lifestyle, and I've never felt happier within myself. I've found myself addicted to YouTuber channels such as Elle Darby and Grace Fit and their videos have made a huge difference in my life. I've started to eat well (for the first time in my life), and actually understand nutrition and fitness so much more through tracking my macros in my diet. I've re-joined at the gym I used to go to in first year, and I've actually been training muscle groups rather than attempting cardio for 30 mins and then thinking it cancels out my large bag of crisps I'd seat and eat afterwards.

I personally feel my blog, my interests and the blogs/vlogs I watch are primarily lifestyle based - therefore I'm going to be documenting my journey through my blog and social media. I think a blog is always about being yourself for any blogger, and I've lacked rich content that has been close to my heart for a while.

I've also started a new job which is something I'm really enjoying at the moment, it is taking up a lot of my time but I don't mind that because I'm actually in a really good routine. I've never felt healthier and I've seen a huge difference in myself to the second year uni student I was a few months ago (who basically lived on ready meals and thai green curry).

I'm going into third year in September, which is finally confirmed after applying for placement year and being unsuccessful in the ones I really wanted. I don't mind this because I'm pretty content in Sheffield at the moment and I don't want to ruin my rhythm - however I'm nervous for the workload and the fact that this time next year I'll no longer be a student (no UNiDAYS...cry).

I suppose the point of this blog post is to say that my blog has gone in a different direction but that's okay and exciting - I hope see some of you in the comments and in the blog groups this summer!

What lifestyle changes have you made that have created a big impact in your life?

x







Follower

Blogroll